DR Arup Kumar Nath
Dr. Arup Kumar Nath is a leading Urological Laser and Advanced Laparoscopic urologist in India. He has established many milestones in Urological history of India. Mastering Laser in Urology Dr. Nath has operated thousands of patients around Assam and its nearby states since 2011. He always has a soft corner for the poor and needy and that was the reason for him to come back to Assam after acquiring the MCH degree from prestigious B. J. Medical College and Civil Hospital in Ahmadabad.
- M.B.B.S- Guwahati Medical College & Hospital Guwahati 1998
- MS (Surgery)- Guwahati Medical College & Hospital Guwahati 2004
- MCh (Urology)- B.J. Medical College and Civil Hospital, Ahmadabad 2011
Chief-Consultant Urologist in Sanjivani Hospital, Maligaon, Guwahati-
Director in CENTRE FOR ADVANCED UROLOGY & KIDNEY DISEASES
- Andrology Training Course at Nadiad-2009
- Single Port Laparoscopy at Nadiad-2008.
- Andrology Workshop-2010 at Gandhi Nagar, Ahmedabad
- Uro-Oncology-1 month Training at Gujarat Cancer Reasearch Institute.
- Advance Laparoscopic Workshop - Nadiad 2010.
- Training on Laser, Mini PERC and Bipolar TURP at Indore 2012
- Training on advanced laparoscopy- Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon 2014
- Training on THULUM LASER in Hyderabad, July 2015
- Training Program on Thulium Laser in Milan, Italy 2017
- Senior Residency 1 year 3 months at SAFDARJUNG Hospital, New Delhi.
- Senior Residency 1 year 8 months at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi.
- Worked as Chief Consultant Urologist in Down Town Hospital, Guwahati after MCh from 2011 to 2014 August.
- Worked as visiting Consultant in Hayat Hospital, Dispur Poly Clinic & Nursing Home, GNRC Hospitals, Guwahati till December 2014
- CMD cum Chief Consultant Urologist in Wintrobe Hospital and developed the hospital as Centre for Advanced Urology & Kidney Diseases since 1st Jan,2015.
- Presently working as a chief consultant Urologist in Sanjevani Hospital, Guwahati
- Director, Centre for Advanced Urology & Kidney Diseases, Guwahati
Co Investigator in phase Three Trail for Naftopidil under INTAS PHARAMACEUTICAL COMPANY.
CONFERENCE & WORKSHOP ATTENDED
ASACON (Annual State Conference of Association of Surgeons of Assam)
- USCION 2007 Goa.
- USCION 2009 Indore.
- USCION 2017 Mumbai
- USICON 2018 Rajasthan
- USICON 2019 Bhubaneswar
- AIE Ahmedabad 2018
- EZ USI-Shillong 2018
- Asian Congress of Urology (ACU) 2008 New Delhi.
- Laparoscopic Urology Workshop 2012 Patna
- Uro-Gynaecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery Workshop 2016, Chennai
- Invited national faculty in Jharkhand Urological Society inauguration meet to deliver lecture on Thulium Laser Prostatectomy 2018
- 2002, Nagaon.
- 2003, Silchar.
- 2004, Guwahati.
- 2011, Kaziranga.
- 2012, Dibrugarh.
- 2013, Silchar
- 2015, Jorhat
- 2016, Bongaigaon.
- 2017, Kaziranga.
- 2018, Tinsukia.
- LAPAROSCOPIC RADICAL PROSTATECTOMY USING MINIMAL ENERGY SOURCE WITH ITS EFFECT INCONTINENCE AND POTENCY- Indian Journal of Urology (co-author)
- MANAGEMENT OF UROLITHIASIS- Medicine Update-2012
More than 20 scientific presentation in state, national and international conference.
- Scientific Committee Member in Advanced Live Laparoscopic Operative Working-2009 at Ahmedabad.
- Organizing Secretary-Advanced Laparoscopic Urology Workshop at Down Town Hospital-2014.
- Organizing Secretary- UroLaser 2017, Live Operative Workshop on RIRS and Thulium Laser Prostatectomy.
- Organizing Secretary- UroLaser 2019, Live Operative Workshop on RIRS, ThuLEP and HOLEP.
- Demonstrated Laparoscopic Nephrectomy and LAP Ureterolithotomy at Advanced LAP Workshop at Bethany Hospital Shillong Organized by Meghalaya Surgical Association and Minimally Invasive Surgical Society of India in April 2015.
- Demonstrated Tubeless PCNL and TURBT at Advanced Laparoscopic and Endourologic Workshop at HORMIN Hospital Naharlagun in Association with Arunachal Pradesh Doctors Association 2015.
- Demonstrated Tubeless PCNL and Laparoscopic Nephrectomy at Live Operative Workshop Organized by SANJEEVANI Hospital Jorhat 2014.
- Demonstrated Tubeless PCNL at Pre-Conference Live Operative Workshop at ASACON Jorhat2015.
- Demonstrated Tubeless PCNL at a Workshop at Bethany Hospital Shillong Organized by Meghalaya Surgical Association and Minimally Invasive Surgical Society of India in April 2015.
- ThuLEP – thulium LASER Enucleation of Prostate without Morcellation at IPGMER Kolkata at July 2017
- ThuLEP-Thulium Laser Enucleation of Prostate without Morcellation at Sanjevani Hospital Guwahati in March 2019
- First Thulium Laser hands on training courses at Sanjivani Hospital, Maligaon on 22 and 23 May
- Urologists from Meerut and IPGMER, Kolkata were trained for 2 days in 2018.
- Dr. Nitin Gupta MCh (urology) from Bhopal was trained for 1 year and 9 months on minimal invasive urology
- Dr. Rishim Agarwal from Kolkata was trained for 1 year at Wintrobe hospital Guwahati on Endo-Urology.
- Dr. Pramod Jethwani, Dr Lutful Hoque DNB trainee were attached for urological training at down town hospital, Guwahati.
- Dr. Saurabh Das MS (surgeon), trained for 6 months on Endo-Urology.
For Urinary Stone Disease-Organized Awareness Camp for Urinary Stone Diseases and Prostataic Diseases in different part of North-Eastern States in last 4 Years.
Eg. Shillong, Tura, Itanagar, Kohima, Nalbari, nagaon, Kokrajhar, Goalpara, Bongaigaon, Sibsagar, Jorhat, Golaghat, Naharlagun, Pathsala, Mongaldoi, Dimapur, Lakhimpur.
- Secured 4th rank in All India Open Superspeciality entrance test Organized by Gujarat University 2007
- Setting up DOWN TOWN Advance Urology Laser and Laparoscopy Centre
- Setting up a Special Clinic Like Stone Clinic and Haematuria Clinic at DOWN TOWN Hospital.
- More than 15000 Minimally Invasive Urological Surgery in Assam and neighbouring states in 7 years including more than 3000 PCNL and more than 2500 TURP.
- Established Urological Laparoscopy of All kind for the first time in North-East.
- Tubeless PCNL, Traction Less TURP for the first time in North-East.
- 150 WATT THULIUM LASER Prostatectomy for the First time in Eastern India.
- Operated Zero Ischemic, Laparoscopic Thulium Laser Partial Nephrectomy for the first time in India.
- Established Thulium Laser Circumcision, Laser TURBT and Laser VIU in North-Eastern States.
- Established Endourology and Laparoscopic Urological Set up in places like Jorhat, Golaghat, Nagaon, Lakhimpur, Itanagar, Dimapur, Bongaigaon, Silchar, Tura, Shillong.
- Swasthya Sewa Ratna Award by Assam Talks in 2018 for performance in Medical Field.
Center for Advanced Urology & Kidney Diseases is the ONLY CENTER in entire North-Eastern Region of India dedicated only in Urological Problems. With the use of Most Advanced Laser Machines and all the Urological procedures we provide the best possible Urology Care for Kidney Stones, Prostate Enlargement Problems in elderly male, Kidney and Prostate Cancer, Male sexual problems, Female Urinary problems, Emergency Urology Services.
Supported by two Urologist, Nephrologists, Cardiologist, Medicine Specialist, General Surgeon and 20 well trained Urology staffs. The centre is led by Dr. Arup Kumar Nath, offering the complete treatments and solutions of Urology and Kidney Diseases. Presently the team offering their services in two well equipped centers
AUKD, 2nd floor, Harabala Market, Opp. New Nemcare Hospital Building, GMCH Road, Bhangagarh, Guwahati-781005
AUKD, at Sanjevani Hospital, A. T. Road; Maligaon, Guwahati-781011
Center is manned by:
- Dr. Arup Kumar Nath MBBS, MS (Surgery), MCh (Urology)
- Dr. Debajit Baishya MBBS, MS (Surgery), MCh (Urology)
- Dr. Sumit Kabra MBBS, MS (Surgery)
- Dr. Sudip Mandal MBBS, MD (Anesthesiology)
- Dr. Bikash Choudhury
- Trained OT nurses
- Trained OT Technicians
- Trained Recovery Stuffs
- Trained ICU Stuffs
Once in a Months
- Swastik Nursing Home, Tinsukia
- Sanjeevani Hospital, Jorhat
- Life Line Hospital, Golaghat
- Das Hospital, North Lakhimpur
- Bora Nursing Home, Biswanath Chariali
- J. K. Hospital, Biswanath Chariali
- EMM Hospital & Research Centre, Tezpur
- GD Hospital, Nagaon
- A J Hospital, Nagaon
- Dew Care Hospital, Nagaon
- PKB Nursing Home, Nagaon
- Sarathi Hospital, Nalbari
- Pathsala Maternity cum Polyclinic & Research Centre, Pathsala
- SOLACE Hospital, Goalpara
- Lower Assam Hospital, Bongaigaon
- MRM Hospital, Kokrajhar
- Holly Spirit Hospital, Haflong
- Mediland Hospital, Silchar
Other states of North-East
- Hormin Hospital, Naharlagun ( Arunachal Pradesh)
- ASSA Nursing Home, Pasighat ( Arunachal Pradesh)
- Woodland Hospital, Shillong (Meghalaya)
- Holy Cross Hospital, Tura (Meghalaya
- Nikols Hospital, Dimapur (Nagaland)
Operations regularly performed at AUKD
Types of Procedure
Endo Urolgical Surgeries
Thulium laser prostatectomy
URSL (laser, as day care)
Posterior urethral valve fulguration
Lap radical nephrectomy
Lap partial nephrectomy
Lap simple nephrectomy
Lap VVF repair
Lap UVF repair
Lap radical prostatectomy
Lap radical cystoprostatectomy
Lap VUR surgeries
BMG and anastomotic urethroplasties